- 1. Attend a Synapse Information Night
- 2. Sign Up for a Synapse School Tour (Optional)
- 5. Applicant Visit
- 3. Submit a Synapse School Application by January 17, 2020
- 4. Parent/Guardian Interview
- 6. One-On-One Student-Teacher Meeting
A Synapse Information Night is the required first step in the admissions process. These nights are designed to guide parents/guardians in deciding whether the Synapse School philosophy and program are a fit for their child and family. During this interactive evening with parents/guardians, Synapse leadership and faculty will present its Vision and Mission, and provide both general information and examples of the Synapse constructivist curriculum model. Current Synapse parents/guardians will also share their families' experiences. We welcome parents/guardians and other interested adults to attend the Synapse Information Night.
We recommend that you submit your application early in the admissions season to activate the next steps of the admissions process.
- Synapse School application
- Family photo
- $90 application fee
Please complete these steps as soon as possible so that there is enough processing time to receive the documents before the deadline.
- Teacher recommendation form: In Ravenna, delegate the form to your current teacher and allow appropriate time for your teacher to complete and return it to Synapse School. Parents/guardians may also delegate a teacher recommendation form to a second teacher if desired. If possible, please have your child's teacher submit their recommendation before the Parent/Guardian Interview so that we have a broader sense of your child.
- Educational and any additional assessments:Assessments inform our holistic evaluation of each individual child. If you have any educational or academic assessments (WISC, WPPSI, Qualitative Assessment, ISEE, SSAT, etc), please submit them. If you do not have any assessments, this step is not required.
- Transcripts: (1st-8th Grade applicants) Submit the records release form to your current school for the school years: 2019-2020 (1st term) and 2018-2019.
All applications submitted after our January 19, 2020 will be considered in our 2nd Pool Applications. Depending on the availability of spaces in the applicant grade after our March 20, 2019 decisions, we will activate the application process for 2nd Pool Applicants.
- Lower School (Kindergarten and 1st - 4th grade) applicants - The Admissions office or a Synapse teacher will contact you to schedule a time. These meetings are scheduled after the Parent Interview and Kindergarten Playgroup have taken place.
- Middle School (5th - 8th grade) applicants - The one-on-one meeting takes place during the Shadow Visit.