Mission & Philosophy
Synapse School combines social-emotional learning, leading-edge academics, and the practice of innovation to develop gifted learners into the change makers of tomorrow.
Innovation Joined with Actualization
- Innovation, creativity, and design-thinking shall be practiced in core academics as well as fine arts and technology.
- Innovation studios & mentors shall support students in concept exploration, iteration, and the pursuit of projects to completion.
- Computer Science, an essential new medium for innovation in the digital age, shall be integrated into the curriculum.
Outstanding Academics that Fulfill Individual Promise
- Maximize academic potential through continuous improvement, a growth mind-set, and knowing students as individuals.
- Utilize a constructivist, integrative, and project-based approach that deeply engages students and has real-world relevance.
- Support the development of core academic skills with focused instruction, deliberate practice, and consistent feedback.
- Impact the world in positive and authentic ways.
- Are robustly prepared for real-world challenges that require the integration of academic, creative, and social-emotional domains.
- Are not defined by numbers or scale: To make a positive change in the life of one person brings positive change to the world.